Sunday, March 22, 2009

Biodata

Zoelyn is a second year chemistry student in NUS who aspires to be a forensic scientist. She wants to learn how to be a good forensic scientist and helps those who died unnaturally and cannot speak up for themselves. Her second ambition is to teach in special schools to help the disabled children.

Zoelyn is also an active volunteer and has been with Nee Soon East CC Youth Executive Committee since she was in junior college. She has since then organised many meaningful events such as bringing the less fortunate children to pony rides, bring the disabled children to zoo and pay monthly visits to old folks’ homes.
Being a youth volunteer, she is often exposed to different kinds of community events which make her more mature and passionate in what she is doing. She enjoys helping people, serving the community and she has made many good friends that share the same passion as her.

Zoelyn is also is very concerned with matters involving her friends and family, such that she always makes it a point to spend them with them even if she is tied up with volunteer and school work. She values kinship and friendship and always lends a listening ear.

7 Comments:

At March 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Brad Blackstone said...

This post is interesting, Zoelyn, because it shows that you have diverse interests and a socially-focused perspective on life. Your goal, and the related volunteer work, is especially noteworthy, as is your concern for your family and friends.

A few language issues (with my suggested changes):

"...many meaningful events such as bringing the less fortunate children to pony rides, bringING the disabled children to zoo and payING monthly visits to old folks’ homes."

"... to spend them (TIME) with them...."

Thank you for your effort!

 
At April 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM , Blogger gillianmeow said...

Hi Brad,
The language issue will be my fault. I did not look through it more carefully.

 
At April 2, 2009 at 5:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zoelyn,

I can tell that you have a passion for people. That's where you invest the bulk of your time and that's what brings you the most joy. It is an awesome thing!

You stated clearly how your interest in people lead you to study your current course. You also explained how you have grown as a person.

Good job!

 
At April 7, 2009 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Zoelyn Teo said...

To Kenneth:

I do have a passion for people. I like being around people and tries my best to help in whatever way possible.

I feel that i have grown to be more matured bu interacting with different kinds of people. However, I feel that there is never an end to learning which makes me highly interested in what I am doing as I am constantly learning new things all the time :)

 
At April 7, 2009 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Zoelyn Teo said...

To Gillian:

Hey girl!
Don't feel bad please! It is not your fault :)
I did not check properly myself too :)

 
At April 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Zoelyn Teo said...

To:Brad

I value my family,my friends and all those around me. I believe everyone does.
In addition to your suggested changes, I will review and edit my blog post again :)
Thank you!

 
At April 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Brad Blackstone said...

Well, not everyone puts family and friends at the center of their thoughts. Not everyone has a listening ear!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home